Friday, March 25, 2011

Who Am I Living For? - Reflections of my heart

I get so overwhelmed... feel like I am drowning in diapers, laundry (insert laugh here for those of you who have seen the sea of laundry at my house), to-do lists, and my own expectations. It's so easy for me to loose sight of who I am living for. Today I read a friends blog and she inspired me to reflect on my own heart and I was discouraged by what I found. There is a daily struggle between who I am and who I want to be. Surrendering Who I am living for doesn't just happen... It's an intentional choice. Today - I failed to stand in HIS grace... Today - I failed to share HIS grace with others...

"Change the thoughts, and you change the person. If today's thoughts are tomorrow's actions, what happens when we fill our minds with thoughts of God's love? Will standing beneath the downpour of his grace change the way we feel about others? Paul says absolutely" - Max Lucado

So tonight I stop... I stop to breathe... I stop to listen... I stop to choose - Who I AM living for. Tonight I choose to stand in HIS grace so that I can become who I want to be.
*A faithful follower full of patience, gentleness, and self control
*A loving wife full of unconditional admiration and respect for my hubby
*A Momma filled with patience, wisdom and love
*A better daughter, sister and friend
Take a moment for yourself... listen to this song... stop and think... Katy Perry's dad was a pastor and she started out her journey as a gospel singer she later wrote this song about her struggle.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post dear friend. Thank you for being real. Thank you for sharing your heart. Thank you for challenging others. I love you! Can't wait for more of your God given talent to flow through this blog!

    ReplyDelete